You are here
This is the Contract you will required to sign when adopting a dog or cat from the JSPCA.
It is also available in Hebrew.
Adoption Contract – Dog/Cat
- I hereby promise to walk the dog only on a leash – as required by law.
- I hereby promise to give the animal the care it deserves, including any necessary medical care. In the event that the dog lives outdoors: a warm shelter in winter, and a shady place in summer. If the dog is tied up, the rope must be 4 meters long. Puppies and dogs which are considered “small” dogs are to be kept indoors.
- If I find that I can no longer care for the animal, I promise to return it to the JSPCA in Jerusalem and not to give it to anyone else. I also promise to inform the JSPCA if the animal is lost/dies as well as if there is any change in my address and/or telephone number.
- I am fully aware of the Society’s stand on spaying/neutering. I promise to have the animal I have chosen spayed/neutered within a month of adoption. If I choose a puppy, the operation will take place prior to the age of 6 months. I am aware that if I do not comply with this, I could be liable to legal action against me.
- I agree to have a representative of the Society visit me and promise to give any information requested about the animal.
- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals reserves the right to take back an animal whose owners have not complied with these rules.
- I am aware that in return for the sum paid for adoption (NIS 575 for a dog, NIS 350 for a cat) I will receive a six-in-one vaccination, vaccination against rabies, deworming, spaying/neutering, an electronic chip, as well as an initial medical examination at the JSPCA within two weeks of the adoption.
- I am aware of the fact that if I return the animal to the JSPCA during the first two weeks after adoption, I will get back NIS 100 of the amount I paid. After two weeks, no money will be returned. I know that this right cannot be transferred. (Complaints of allergies, objections of owner of house, etc. are not considered reasons for returning money if the animal is returned).
- I hereby promise to inform the SPCA of any change in my address or telephone number, as well as to inform the Society of the loss or death of the dog/cat
- If you live outside of Jerusalem, and belong to a different municipality, you must contact the municipal veterinarian within 10 days and register your dog with your municipality.